- 1. What is Google My Business?
- 2. How to Register for Google My Business?
- 3. How to Verify Your Google My Business Listing?
- 4. How Does Google Determine Local Ranking?
- 5. Is Google My Business Important for Local SEO?
- 6. How to Optimise Your Google My Business Account for SEO?
- 7. Why Should You Use Google My Business?
What is Google My Business?
As the search engine with the most search market share in the world, optimising your content to rank well on Google is vital for success. You may be wondering, how do I add my business to Google and reap the benefits offered by this search engine? Google My Business is a free tool that has been provided by Google to allow business owners to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. It enables businesses to post updates, photos, and information about products and services, as well as respond to customer reviews, from one centralised dashboard. This helps businesses to improve their visibility on Google and enhance their online reputation across this search engine. Google My Business reviews are more visible in search results and on Google Maps. This increased visibility heightens the chances of being discovered by potential customers on Google and has been known to specifically help when it comes to local SEO tactics.
What Is the Purpose of Google My Business?
The purpose of Google My Business is to help businesses establish and maintain their online presence across Google platforms. This tool will allow businesses to control how they appear in Google search results, providing them with the ability to share important information, such as business hours, location, and product offerings, with potential customers. This means that when your business is Googled and a client is interested in your offers, the information they see will have been provided by you! This ensures that it is correct and that you are aware of the information presented.
Google My Business provides businesses with a platform to engage with customers by responding to reviews and monitoring their online reputation. The purpose of Google My Business is to help businesses increase their visibility and reach on Google, build trust with potential customers, and manage their online presence in one centralised location. By being able to edit and monitor the information that is presented to potential clients, you can ensure that you have the best opportunity of gaining their business.
How to Register for Google My Business?
Now that you have a better understanding of how Google My Business works and why it is so vital for any company to have, you may be wondering “how do I verify my business on google”? This process is extremely easy and can be done in just a few short steps. To register for Google My Business, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Google My Business website: https://www.google.com/business/
- Click “Start now” and sign in with your Google account, or create one if you don’t have one.
- Fill in your business name, address, and category. You may also be asked to provide a phone number and website. Be sure that you include all the relevant information and check that it is correct.
- You will then need to verify your business, this can be done one of two ways. The first option is that a postcard will be delivered to the address of your business, you will then need to fill in the verification code provided on your Google My Business account. The second option is to receive a phone call, this phone call will be placed to the given business number. The phone call will provide you with a verification code that will need to be filled in on your My Google Account.
- Once verified, you can add additional information such as photos, services, and operating hours! You will also have access to the various features and be able to manage your Google My Business dashboard which allows you to interact with your clients and reply to reviews!
Your Google My Business page will then be activated and you will be able to access and use the various features provided by this unique tool.
How to Verify Your Google My Business Listing?
In order to make it easier for businesses to register their Google My Business To verify your Google My Business listing, you have two options:
- Verify by mail: Google will send a postcard to your business address with a verification code. Once you receive the postcard, you can enter the code in your Google My Business account to complete the verification process.
- Verify by phone: Google will call your business number and provide a verification code. You can enter the code in your Google My Business account to complete the verification process.
Note: You need to have access to the phone number or address associated with the listing to complete the verification process. It may take several days for the postcard to arrive, so plan accordingly. Once you have verified your listing, you can start making changes and updates to your Google My Business account.
How Does Google Determine Local Ranking?
Local SEO is an important factor that all websites and businesses need to take into account. Local ranking refers to the position of a business in the local search results for a particular geographic area, making it vital if businesses want to attract clients within the area in which they operate. Google determines local ranking based on several factors, including;
- Relevance: In order for a business to be considered relevant for the query, it may need to offer what the individual is looking for.
- Distance: If an individual is looking for a product or service within a specific area, it is important that a business has this information visible. This helps Google to stream your target audience in your location to your website.
- Prominence: It is important that you are using various tactics to get the name of your business out there! This can include using backlinks, posting in business directories and having a presence on social media.
- Keyword usage: The presence of relevant keywords in the business’s Google My Business listing and website can help improve its visibility in local search results.
- Quality and quantity of reviews: Having positive reviews from customers can increase the visibility of your business in local search results.
- Quality of the Google My Business listing: Having a complete, up-to-date listing with accurate information, photos, and categories can also improve your local ranking.
It is important to note that Google may use additional factors and can make changes to its ranking algorithm at any time, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on best practices for optimising your local ranking.
Is Google My Business Important for Local SEO?
Having a verified and optimised Google My Business listing can improve a business’s local SEO, making it easier for customers to find them online. Local SEO is important for businesses that are wanting to attract customers within the area that they operate. Adding in your location to Google maps and optimising your location features can greatly improve your chances of attracting customers within this area!
How to Optimise Your Google My Business Account for SEO?
Optimising your Google My Business account for SEO is extremely important and can ensure that you rank as highly as possible and are attracting the right web users. There are certain things that you can do to optimise your Google My Business account to stand the best chance of ranking highly on search engine results pages. These Google My Business SEO factors can help increase your rank and ensure you are as visible as possible on Google!
Verify Your Business
In order for your business to be more visible on Google and attract your target audience, it is important to get your Google My Business account verified. This verification process is incredibly easy and instils a sense of trust and accountability within your business. If Google has verified you, customers are far more likely to feel at ease using your services or buying your products, in fact, the first thing that many potential customers will do is see if you are verified on Google! Using the steps mentioned above, you can quickly and easily get your Google My Business account verified on Google and be up and running in no time at all!
Fill out Your Profile Completely
Another important factor to consider when it comes to optimising your Google My Business account for SEO is ensuring that the profile you create is 100% complete. There may be sections that you have left out due to not having the information on you but going back and completing these sections is vital! Again, a complete profile instils more trust in your business and customers are far more likely to purchase from a business that has a completed profile. One of the most important sections to ensure you get filled out is the location of your business. This location identifies where you are based and ensures that your website will appear as the top results when a search query in this area is registered on Google.
Make Sure Your Profile Information Is Accurate
Along with ensuring that your profile is complete, making sure that the information on Google My Business is correct is just as important. If a potential customer is finding different information on your website compared to the information on Google, they may become a bit warier about using your business. Google will also pick up on these inconsistencies and you may be penalised and ranked lower if they are not corrected.
Pick the Most Relevant Categories
Choosing the right category for your business on Google My Business is important as it helps customers find your business more easily and accurately. Be sure that you are using the official categories provided by Google My Business so that your business is listed in the most accurate and relevant categories! Doing this will help improve your Google My Business account when it comes to SEO! This makes it far easier for relevant customers to find your business online.
Include Semi-Professional Pictures
Adding semi-professional or professional photos to your Google My Business account will ensure that customers are seeing the very best images you have to offer! This will make your Google My Business account seem more professional and increase the trust that those who see it have in your business.
Get More Reviews
The more reviews of your business that you have on your google My business page, the more that customers will trust the products and services that you offer. You can encourage your current customers to leave reviews for your business by sending follow-up emails or by including a Google My Business review link on your website where reviews can be left. These reviews will then be displayed on Google for potential customers to see! The more good reviews that you get, the more confidence potential customers will have!
Take Advantage of Posts on Google
Google Posts is a feature of Google My Business that allows businesses to share updates, promotions, and events directly on their Google My Business profile. By taking advantage of Google Posts, businesses can improve their online visibility and reach, and engage with potential customers in a meaningful way.
Why Should You Use Google My Business?
Google My Business is an incredibly valuable resource and can help a business increase rankings and become more visible on this popular search engine! Not only can you use google my business for local SEO and to improve your visibility, but it has also become important in gaining the trust of consumers. A business that uses Google My Business is far more likely to gain the trust of customers as they seem more accountable and reliable. Through the use of reviews, previous customers are allowed to relay their experiences, ensuring that new potential customers will feel confident in what you have to offer! Google My business is an incredibly valuable tool and every business should be taking advantage of the features provided by this search engine!